Rutland Zone Joint Inquiry:
- Three elementary schools were given the time to continue dialogue on our numeracy practices. We agreed that by combining resources, goals and our staffing expertise we would better able to support mathematical mindsets for all our students and faculty.
- The inquiry focused on the question "How do we improve student understanding of numeracy?"
- Supported by the Assistant Superintendent of the Rutland Family Schools and the District Principal of Leadership in Learning & Innovation in funding and resources to provide additional learning opportunities for staff members.
- Through the acquisition of the Student Learning Grant from the Ministry of Education, we were able to purchase professional teacher resources. We also developed and resourced a Math Lab available to all students.
- To expand our experiences, the three inquiry schools will be sending a team to the Jo Boaler Summit in Stanford.